Preference? Nah, U are just being rude so shut it.


“Kak, U there?”
“Yep, what is it?”
“My partner for years just dumped me.”
“No way.”
“Funny isn’t it? at first he said he couldn’t stand an LDR, but then he said he was bored, and God only knew how our convo took a turn to where he complaint about my acne(s), then my messy hair, and then even my weight. Am I really that ugly? I am crying while doing work right now.”
“You are not ugly.”
“Yes I am. My face is horrible. He even demanded me to visit a skincare clinic.”
“Fuck that ganjel pintu mushola and fuck what he said. Emang itu ulegan terasi secakep apa berani2nya ngatain anak orang ugly?!”
“Kak, I don’t even have any confidence right now. I am ugly.”
“Stop it. You are good-looking and some acne doesn’t even make U look ugly, even a bit. And for the record, I say it not because I pity U. U better believe my words or else, you categorize me as a liar.”
“No, I am ugly T.T”


Do U know what the silly part is?
The convo went for more that half an hour which consisted of me, convinced my dongsaeng that she wasn’t ugly just because sebatang unsignificant uler keket pohon jati said so.
She begged me to accompany her to visit skincare and else. She refused to eat and to sleep and had been on her self-torturing mode since I didn’t freakin know when. She kept crying like her work deadline wasn’t stressing her out enough already.

That was madness.
I know that I should hear the story from both sides. I know that there might be something lacking from the story (there is this probability that my dongsaeng exaggerated some parts and modified other parts because She texted me in an unstable state), but fuck it! For now, let’s just highlight the bottom line.
That SENDAL JEPIT SWALLOW COMPLAINT ABOUT MY DONGSAENG APPEARANCE and used it as a breakup excuse.

A word from a person can really destroy one’s confidence you know.
I am a visual person and yet I’ve never once think that my dongsaeng is ugly. Well yeah, we, human being, tend to have this so called preference so my definition of beauty doesn’t always the same with what other people construct on their mind. But still, fuck it, fuck preference!
(More over, a couple of my friends also said that s/he has the looks)
My dongsaeng is a sweet person but always has a little insecurity in her looks. But to be fair, who doesn’t?
What some people fail to realize is that insecurities can be deteriorated and become destructive to those who start to put it in mind and believe it. It becomes more and more dangerous if the ones who ‘force’ us to face it are our dearest ones.
Trust me, we are aware that we have flaws and are willingly, consciously, trying to decrease it step by step within our own pace without someone else telling us to do so. But then being forced to fix it in an instant and in the most unpleasant way possible without any positive support? You sure know the most effective way to crush us inside-outside.


Maybe what you said was true. Maybe what you intended to say was for the sake of the other party. But just in case u don't know, not everyone has hati selebar landasan pacu soekarno hatta nor kepercayaan diri setinggi puncak vulcan.
So just please, in order to prevent you from being a worthless-oseng-pare-good-for-nothing-creature, whenever u attempt to open your mouth, please use your head first or just simply shut up.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Moving Out

Jakartan, Mall, and Things in between

Home