What Kind of Hell Macroeconomics Is




“What kind of hell macroeconomics is, huh?”
First of all, I have to make it clear. This is not an insult. Frankly, this is just an honest compliment from someone whose life has been being screwed by this mighty knowledge. So since I am not an economist, pardon me if I offend people who know economic science better that I am (indeed). Second of all, I am just trying to elaborate my-so-limited point of view as a newbie here in order to distract my instinct of doing something stupid due to brain damage that caused by it.

Okey, allow me to start this post with an introduction so I could redeem my awful sin by putting ‘hell’ as reference.
Based on Wikipedia, the closest meaning of macroeconomics is:
Macroeconomics (from the Greek prefix makro- meaning "large" and economics) is a branch of economics dealing with the performance, structure, behavior, and decision-making of an economy as a whole, rather than individual markets. This includes national, regional, and global economies

And based on my so-unhappy-and-cynical-but-don’t-worry-I-am-perfectly-fine mind as a newbie on this science, whenever I heard word ‘macroeconomics’ the first idea that popped up in my mind was:
Money, wealth and prosperity

For me, macroeconomics is a branch of economics science which basically talks about every possible method to make a region -or any other variety of wide scope area- more prosperous. And by prosperous I mean earning more and more money by improving every asset that it's possessed and pushing its weakness into lowest point.
*terus dihujani rudal  bekas WW II oleh mentor di kantor sembari teriak “this is not the way I raised you” haha*


Andddd….what it is exactly the significance of macroeconomics to my working field?
On urban and regional development planning process, macroeconomics becomes one of four major elements (no, we're not talking about avatar Aang) that have great influence on planner’s decision. It helps planner to understand  track record of the past and the current ability –or even the future projection- of a region on supporting its own people. The point is, by studying and analyzing economic growth in detail, planner is going to have a comprehensive understanding to figuring out a strategic way on improving the region potency and manipulate its weakness. After successfully identifies and analyzes economic trend within particular range of time (we usually use 10-20 years), it is easier for planner to decide which accurate actions can be used to stimulate the economic growth.

Sooo, why hell? why not Heaven? or Bravoos? or Meeren? or Shire? or Mordor? (oh this one is kinda similar LOL)
well...predicting future isn't as simple as reading examples on text books. It requires a very strong reasoning skill and as it isn't that hard already, my mentor also said that we can't always rely on numbers (kill meeeeh dis moment)

Ah well…it feels like I’ve talked nothing but it is 2 pages already hahaha. Damn!
I should shut the hell up I guess.
Okeyyy...I’ll continue this spam later
Bhay

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Moving Out

Jakartan, Mall, and Things in between

Home