Good Worker isn’t (always equal with) Good Coworker

[FYI]: This post was written months ago, but since I haven’t post anything for almost 2 months and I don’t want you guys to assume that I am dead or something, here…a piece of crap to distract your attention and at the same time cover my laziness lol. Enjoy (but what to enjoy from another absurd post really, lol..)


Let’s just take a moment to contemplate the title of this post before we point out our finger to my face –literally- and say "No post for more than a month and now this? really? cant you just live your life without being cynical??" 
LOL oh my God I can’t help being me –the pessimistic rational version of me to be exact- please ruwat gue >.<

The reason why I ask you guys to contemplate this is because deep inside your heart, there is this very tiny part of you who corresponds this title but at the same time you also believe there are things that better left unsaid. –this argumentation is so dull, really-

Ok, ok, that’s quite a long intro actually so let’s go straight to the main c(o)urse :p
Have you ever seen The Imitation Games movie before? It is a movie about Alan Turing, genius who invented a machine to help the allies won war over the axis (Hitler) during WW II. He saved billion lives by working his ass off and breaking every obstacle in sight. Based on this fact, we all should agree (my dictator-self will force you to agree!) that he was indeed a great worker.
Sadly, The Imitation games not only showed us how great Turing’s contribution to mankind was but also how sad the process he, as a person, had through to achieve that bitter victory.
At the beginning, he was despised by his own team because he was a type of person who’s really difficult to get along with. If you want to know how ‘difficult’ he was, just let me add this information about he fired his two coworkers at the day he was promoted as the team leader. That illustration made all his crew’s seclusion toward him felt very natural and reasonable. I mean, seriously, I even hated him at first.
So, the conclusion is, good worker isn’t always the same with good coworker.
Today I got hit by the same reality.
I just attended a meeting, one exhausting-since-deadline-approaching-kinda meeting where everybody seemed so off due to the lack of break a.k.a kurang piknik. I had absent several times before that one particular meeting being held so I did not really follow the progress of the meeting. That being said and just like it was the most obvious thing on earth, I was startled during the whole meeting. That 15-20 minutes presentation succesfully screwed my head and filled it with a bunch of kinda important errors. I couldn’t stop myself from questioning those results so I pointed out those mistakes instantly without considering what the team had been through.
I was an asshole. I know.
I realized how hateful I was the moment my friends –the members of the team- looked at me with ‘what the hell are you doing you’ve been missing for ages’ expression written clearly all over their face.
In one hand, I had to do that because the result of the work is going to affect –greatly- the whole region’s future –the one they’ve been working on- but in the other hand, I promised, at that moment, I regret my foolish act more than anything I had ever anticipated because I just transformed myself into some sort of that Jewish Hunter from Inglorious Bastards
From that experience, I learn it hard way that you can’t always being a good worker and a good coworker at the same time. Well…maybe you can if you are extremely good at communicating your idea/expression correctly without hurting others (which clearly I don’t) (That is just like practicing brain surgery and learning rocket science at the same time! lol the point is, what kind of superhuman who can do that??)

Ah, cuk.
I still have a lot to learn

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Moving Out

Jakartan, Mall, and Things in between

Home