My Top Ten Music/Music Videos in 2017 [Western Edition] [with a freakin long yet irrelevant intro beforehand :p]



Jakarta, March 7th 2018
What a nice date to release this super late post.
lol I am sorry. Referring to its title, this post normally was meant to bereleased by the end of the year but since I was too busy doing something stupid –well of course. I mean, what else could it be- I had to delay on writing this useless list. On my defense, it is not like some people lives were depend on it and the world would be thrown into chaos without this extremely important list anyway so… let this slide please
Ehehehe *literally laughs in Patrick Star creepy-clueless style
But!
Before we are going further to the main topic, I feel the need to make some of blog related announcements.
First of all, I am planning to revive this blog by writing more often in 2018. Using ‘2017-was-a-rough-year-for-me-so-I-didn’t-have-time-to-write-insignificant-posts’ as an excuse sounds so lame and just make me feel more pitiful tbh. Therefore, instead focusing on things that has been changing and how hard it was –still is- for this drama queen, I will get back to this method –writing-in order to preserve what I’ve learned, what I like, what I hate, or whatever matters to me as a person so I won’t forget.
Second of all, regarding the topic of this post, from the post title, I guess you can sensethat there is something different with the list I am going to share. I put a sub title in it so as to be expected, there would be two posts of my fave music/mv this year. 2017 became a year where I was strongly influenced by another genre of music so want it or not, that genre is going to make its way on this blog lol. Hope you guys don’t mind.
Okay,
Ehem..let’s start it (The rule is still the same as last year, so I don’t have to explain it here) (can I be lazier that this? I wonder lol)

1. That’s What I Like_Bruno Mars
and of course, this isnt the official mv so check it here

What I like about this Song:
Nggak cuma membuktikan kelihaiannya dalam bernyanyi, lagu that’s what I like juga memamerkan kemampuan Bruno dalam menulis lagu dengan range genre yang begitu luas. I mean, Grenade? When I was your man? And then, this??? Satu lagu witty dan super catchy dan ngasi vibe berbeda tentang lagu romansa yang pernah ada. Lewat lagu ini gw ngerasa Bruno makin bisa menunjukkan warna musiknya yang nggak jaim, super unique dan nggak terbelenggu dalam formula lagu cinta2an mainstream.What about the mv? Well, he definitely has the swag.

2. Perfect_Ed Sheeran (Leroy Sanchez Cover)


Why I love This Song:
Awwww, awww that gentle voice is killing me.
Pertama, gw nggak tau lagi deh bagaimana seorang Ed sheeran bisa sebegitu berbakatnya dalam nulis lagu beginian. He is the king! Like seriously, I can’t find a name who can top him at this. Well, ada sih satu dua yang seenggaknya sama bagusnya, tapi tapi tapi tapi..hahaha
Ed sheeran sudah terlanjur gw nobatkan sebagai brand ambassador lagu romantis dari barat buat era ini sih.I love everything about the song. The sweet lyrics, the gentle melody, the simple instruments, and it is perfected by Leroy’s voice and his own way on expressing it.
Kurang apa lagi?
*nangis sambil gelendotan di kaki Leroy

3. I Have Questions_Camila Cabello
There is only official lyric video of this song, so enjoy

Why:
Seenggaknya sekali dua kali dalam hidup kalian, gw yakin kalian pernah menyadari betapa emosionalnya sebuah lagu cukup dari cara sang penyanyi membawakan lagu mereka. Kalian jadi terdiam aja gitu ditengah2 lagu tersebut diputar dan tanpa sadar kalian mulai mendengarkan kata per kata dan mencoba memahami kenapa sang artis nyanyi sampe segitunya. Nah, I have questions ini has given me the exact sensation.
Setelah gw baca, ternyata memang I have questions adalah lagu yang Camilla tulis saat dia dalam masa terpuruk dan merasa ‘terkhianati’, hence the mix of angriness, sadness, and desperation which we can clearly feel from this song.
Iba loh dengernya.

4. Flicker_Nial Horan



What is so interesting about this song:
Hmm, more like because its simplicity.
Disaat gw sudah terlampau terbiasa dengan lagu-lagu ID yang ‘crowded’ lalu tiba-tiba saja dihadapkan dengan lagu Nial yang, uhm, sepi, gw nggak bisa untuk nggak memberikan perhatian lebih ke lagu ini.
Nial ternyata cocok eui nyanyi lagu slow pop kayak gini. Dan nilai plusnya, gw ngerasa Flicker nggak terlalu ‘ngongso’ (apa sih bahasa indonesianya ngonso, kutidak tau, mungkin padanan yang paling deket adalah ‘maksa’) untuk menjadi sebuah hits berhubung dinyanyikan oleh seorang teen idol. Nial jelas berhasil untuk tidak terperangkap dalam bayang2 1D dalam lagu ini dan konsisten membawakan gayanya sendiri sebagai seorang individu.

5. Symphony_ Clean Bandit Ft Zara Larrson

What is so interesting about this song:
Musiknya cantik banget. Ditambah suara Zara larrson yang terdengar so sweet yet so strong. Btw, she looks so stunning in this MV (lol, nilai plus dari segi visual)
Trivial Comment:
Not a fan of the MV tho (ceritanya abis baca komen-komen youtube soal hubungan dua lelaki di dalam MV ini) (padahal bagus kalo ceritanya soal bapak-anak)

6.Dusk Till Dawn_ Zayn Malik Ft Sia
and of course, this isnt the official mv so check it here

What is so interesting about this song:
Sia dan Zayn adalah dua orang musisi dengan vokal yang kuat dan warna musik yang berkarakter. Well, kedua hal ini  sudah cukup menjadi alasan terjaminnya kualitas kolaborasi yang dihasilkan. I mean, can we talk about zayn deep voice in the intro and Sia’s distinguished color in the chorus?

7. There is Nothing Holdin Me Back_ Shawn Mendes

Why:
It’s Shawn Mendes. Case closed. Lol kidding.
Once again he delivers a catchy music with a correct vibe which succesfully makes me want to sing along, so..

8. Quit_ Cashmere Cat
since the official lyric video is awful, we are better stick with this one 

Why:
Pertama, suara Ariana adalah jenis suara yang ngebikin orang lagi uring2an pun jadi diem anteng. Kedua, Cashmere Cat beneran layak dapet acungan jempol untuk aransemen musik dalam Quit khususnya untuk paduan instrumen dalam interlude yang dibangun.
Hideous Comment:
Jangan tonton video youtubenya, jelek. Lol.

9. Burning_ Sam Smith

Why:
His soothing voiceeee, I cant handle it!
Mana liriknya sedih banget
*Bikin space buat Sam di samping nama Ed Sheeran sebagai penuli s lagu roman terbaek
Unrelated comment:
Gw ga tau kenapa, tapi karena Sam Smith adalah seorang gay, gw selalu ngerasa lagu2 Sam Smith punya aura feminin yang ngasi kesan lembut dan fragile dan ini jadi menarik karena mengalir lewat suara cowok yang sebenernya terkategorikan manly.

10. Punchline_Aidan Martin

Why you need  to listen to this song and watch the mv?!:
Ehehe, ini sebenernya mv -yang sebenernya nggak official mv juga- yang gw temukan secara tidak sengaja ketika gw iseng nonton audisi2 menggelikan x factor dan british got talent di youtube.
Knowing the background story of the song and seeing Aidan facial expression is somethin I need to be thankful for. The lyric and the way he sang it indeed brought chills down my spine.



Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Moving Out

Jakartan, Mall, and Things in between

Home